Personal Protective Equipment (or PPE) is equipment such as aprons and masks, that help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
You may see professionals like doctors, nurses and carers using this equipment.
If you employ a Personal Assistant or carer directly you may need this equipment.
On this page is information about Personal Protective Equipment and how to get it.
- What is PPE? EASY READ PDF poster by Photosymbols
- All about face coverings by Mencap
- How to keep safe if you use Carers and Personal Assistants by Disability Horizons
- “I have a learning disability and am exempt from wearing a face covering” printable card by Photosymbols
- “I am autistic and am exempt from wearing a face covering” printable card by Photosymbols
- “I have a disability and am exempt from wearing a face covering” printable card by Photosymbols
- Let’s Be Clear – campaign for clear face masks and clearer communication across Gloucestershire by Let’s Be Clear
- YouTube video about the Let’s be Clear campaign by the Barnwood Trust
- YouTube video explaining why it is important to wear a face covering and why some people do not have to wear one by NHS England and NHS Improvement