What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus, also known as ‘COVID-19’, is a virus that affects breathing.
It can easily be passed on and has spread across the whole world.
Most people get better after having Coronavirus, but some people become seriously ill.
Being careful and following advice – like washing your hands, not mixing in big groups, and wearing a mask – can help reduce the number of people who become ill.
There is a lot of information about Coronavirus, but we have gathered some of the best accessible information that we trust on this page and others on our Coronavirus Resource Hub.
EASY READ documents:
- Coronavirus Keeping Safe by Photosymbols
- Coronavirus and Health Issues by Photosymbols
- Words about Coronavirus and what they mean by Easy Read Online/Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Washing your hands by Mencap
- How to get Coronavirus Information via WhatsApp by Thinkclusive
- About Coronavirus text scams by Thinkclusive
- The Stay Up Late guide to Coronavirus by Stay Up Late
- Coronaheroes Information and Resources by Be-Human.org.uk
- Information about Coronavirus symptoms and how to get tested in British Sign Language, Audio, Easy Read, and Large Print by Public Health England
- Information from the Stay Alert TV advert in British Sign Language, Audio, Easy Read and Large Print by Public Health England