What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Coronavirus, also known as ‘COVID-19’, is a virus that affects breathing.
It can easily be passed on and has spread across the whole world.
Most people get better after having Coronavirus, but some people become seriously ill.
We can choose whether we do things like wear a face covering in shops, stay 2 meters apart from people we do not live with or limit the number of people we meet.
We do not have to do things like this by law anymore.
However, the government still wants us to be very careful, to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
They still recommend things like meeting people outside where possible, washing hands regularly and wearing a face covering in crowded places.
There is a lot of information about Coronavirus, but we have gathered some of the best accessible information that we trust on this page and others on our Coronavirus Resource Hub.
EASY READ documents:
- Words about Coronavirus and what they mean by Easy Read Online/Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Three thing to help you make safer choices when going out during COVID-19 by the World Health Organization
- Coronavirus and Health Issues by Photosymbols
- Washing your hands by Mencap
- Avoiding Scams during the Coronavirus pandemic (this guide was written at a time when there were more Coronavirus rules) by Mencap
- Practical Information for people who have had COVID-19 by the NHS and One Gloucestershire
- Information and Advice – Recovering from COVID-19 by NHS Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group
- What is COVID-19 (including information on how COVID can affect you, advice after staying in Intensive Care and information about Long COVID) by the NHS (Your COVID Recovery)
- YouTube video – how to wash your hands by the UK Government and the NHS (on the Barts Health NHS Trust YouTube channel)
Information about Long COVID
EASY READ documents:
- Information about Long COVID by NHS Inform Scotland
- Long COVID presentation by Inclusion Gloucestershire
- Information about long-COVID by the NHS
- Long COVID Support (an international peer support and advocacy group) by Long Covid Support
- Long COVID Kids – research, advocacy and support and awareness by Long COVID kids