Summary of the Role
This is a short term project managing a range of advocacy projects, funded by and working alongside NHS England and NHS Improvement. This fixed term role oversees a range of advocacy projects across the South West, hosted by different organisations, and supports new advocacy projects as they are implemented.
The work runs from November 2021 to 31st March 2022, although the projects will continue beyond that.
The advocacy projects are all aimed at people with a Learning Disability or who are autistic in long-term (2 years+) mental health inpatient settings, and the purpose of this role is to:
- Provide project management and oversight to a range of existing advocacy projects, ranging from statutory advocacy to community based advocacy
- Provide project management and oversight to new and emerging advocacy projects for people with a learning disability or autism in long-term (2 years+) mental health inpatient settings. This may include helping to identify organisations that can house an advocacy project
- Project Management will include a project plan for each project, considering timeline, stakeholders, resources, actions, milestones, deadlines, and risks. This will be followed by checking progress against project plans
The scope of the advocacy projects that will be managed includes:
- Life Planning and Life Planning Plus
- CTRs and CETRs
- Inpatient advocacy provided by the placing commissioner
- Advocacy options – review in light of MCA and MHA
- Children’s advocacy
- Advocacy for ethnically diverse inpatients
- Family advocacy for families of individuals in inpatient settings
This role will work alongside our Your Voice team (https://www.yourvoicenetwork.org/) who coordinate a self-advocacy network across the South West.
To provide oversight, support and project management of a range of advocacy projects provided by organisations across the South West, working alongside NHS England and Improvement to ensure delivery to contracts.
Hours and Pay
Hours: Minimum of 25-35 days depending on the connections and experience that the individual has.
Payment: £7500 freelance payment to meet the requirements of the contract.
Contract: November 2021 – 31st March 2022
Office: 2 St Michaels Court, St Michaels Square, Gloucester, GL1 1JB (home working supported)
Job Description (.docx download)
You can also request a job pack by phone (01452 234003).
Closing date:Midnight on 24th of November
Home working will be supported but you should be prepared to work face-to-face when required, e.g., for meetings or presentations.
If you would like an informal discussion about any of the roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will give you a call.
Charity Number – 1171559