Summary of the Role
Inclusion Gloucestershire is commissioned by Gloucestershire County Council to run Inclusion Hubs (formerly known as Drop-Ins) in Gloucester, Cheltenham and the Forest of Dean. The Gloucester Hub has been run by us since 2016 and is a safe space where people with disabilities and mental ill health can socialise, have their voices heard and engage in a range of activities.
This role sits within the Inclusion Hub team, alongside another Inclusion Hub Project Worker and the Project Manager, and involves running the Gloucester Hub, supported by colleagues with lived experience of disability and volunteers. You will ensure that there is a varied timetable of meaningful activities, that the Hubs are welcoming safe spaces for people with a range of disabilities, and that the Hubs are professionally run in line with health and safety and safeguarding guidelines.
Job Purpose: To run the Gloucester Inclusion Hub, creating a safe space where people with disabilities and mental ill health can socialise, have their voices heard and engage in a range of activities.
Reports to: Inclusion Hub Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as the ‘responsible’ person running the Inclusion Hub (supported on a regular basis by colleagues with lived experience)
- Supporting colleagues with lived experience to understand and fulfil their roles
- Supporting the Inclusion Hub Manager to ensure all activities are managed within a health and safety and safeguarding framework.
- Organising a range of activities and events at the Inclusion Hub and in the wider community.
- Building membership by promoting the Hub and encouraging attendance
- Developing links with community organisations and individuals in order to create every day opportunities for disabled people and to promote the work of Inclusion Gloucestershire
- Linking people either individually or within small groups to a range of opportunities within the community (through Bridge Building)
- Working with people to capture their voices, stories and where possible co-produce action plans
- Identifying and acting upon any Safeguarding concerns, in line with Inclusion Gloucestershire’s Safeguarding Procedure
- Presenting information in an appropriate and accessible format (Easy Read)
- Keeping case notes on an electronic recording system
- Completing appropriate training
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
This role profile is not exhaustive and may be subject to change to meet the operational needs of the organisation.
For a full job description please see: JD – Inclusion Hub Project Worker Jan 20
Terms and Conditions
Permanent (subject to continued funding)
Hours: 16 per week on a fixed term basis until 31st March 2020. These must be worked when the Hub is open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Pension: 2% Nest Pension after successful completion of 3 month probationary period, subject to meeting qualifying conditions.
Salary: £19429 pro rata
Location: Inclusion Hubs in Gloucester
Holiday: 28 days + bank holidays pro rata
Appointment to this role requires an Enhanced DBS check
Please return completed applications by 14th January 2020 5pm
By email to email@example.com
Or by post to
2 St Michaels Court
St Michaels Square
Please download an application form here: Application Form v2