Coronavirus News and Latest Updates
We hear news about Coronavirus every day.
On this page we have listed places where you can find Coronavirus news in accessible formats.
England has now moved to Step 4 of the government roadmap for coming out of lockdown.
This means that we do not have a lot of the Coronavirus rules, that we have had.
We can choose whether we do things like wear a face covering in shops, stay 2 meters apart from people we do not live with or limit the number of people we meet.
The government still wants us to be very careful, to help stop the spread of COVID-19. They still recommend things like meeting people outside where possible, washing hands regularly and wearing a face covering in crowded places.
Please see our Coronavirus Testing page for more information on the self-isolation rules and guidance.
The government have published their plan to help manage COVID-19 during the autumn and winter of 2021/22. Please see below for more information.
Links to Coronavirus news in accessible formats:
- Inclusion North’s Coronavirus Information Page – including weekly news videos and EASY READ updates by Inclusion North
- North West Training and Development Team and Pathways Associates video Coronavirus updates (some of the advice may be specific to the North West) by the North West Training and Development Team and Pathways Associates
- Latest Coronavirus News by the Down’s Syndrome Association
EASY READ PDF documents:
- Inclusion North Coronavirus News (15.09.21) – this includes information about the government’s autumn and winter plan by Inclusion North
- Inclusion North weekly update – 27.08.21 (this includes information about how their updates are changing) by Inclusion North
- Inclusion North weekly update – 13.08.21 (this includes information on the self-isolation rule changes) by Inclusion North
- Inclusion North’s weekly COVID-19 update (28.05.21) – although this guide is from May 2021, it includes an explanation about the Delta Variant of COVID-19 by Inclusion North
Other resource links :
- COVID-19 Response: Autumn and Winter Plan 2021 by the UK Government Cabinet Office (GOV.UK)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) roundup for Gloucestershire by Gloucestershire County Council
- Information about the rapid COVID-19 tests for people who do not have symptoms by the NHS
- COVID-19: guidance for supported living by the Department for Health and Social Care and Public Health England (GOV.UK)