Our Board of Trustees makes the important decisions at Inclusion Gloucestershire.
The board is led by disabled people, with the majority of our trustees having experience of living with a disability. The other trustees have specialist expertise, which helps us to succeed in our mission.
We are user-led and our model places ‘experts by experience’ at the centre of what we do.
They are people who have experience of living with a disability or mental ill health and who know what works for them and what doesn’t.
Every project we work on involves our experts by experience, who are fully supported in what they do.
Being user-led means that the majority of our Board, which makes the important decisions about how we are run, have lived experience of disability. The majority of our staff team are also disabled, so have valuable insight into life with a disability.
Inclusion Gloucestershire is driven by our values, at the heart of all that we do.
- We make sure everyone is involved and included
- We empower choice and control through peer support and place experts by experience at the centre of our delivery
- We challenge when things aren’t right and give people with disabilities a strong voice
- We believe it is right to treat people fairly and always behave in a way that is honest and trustworthy even when nobody is looking
- We are a caring and professional organisation who work together towards shared goals
- We work together to deliver exciting new ideas and support each other, our members and our community.